1. Name: Rachel
2. Age: 21
3. Who is your favorite Hogwarts teacher? I quite like Professor McGonagall. She may be strict, but she also has a very caring nature about her. I just loved how when Harry first meets her she is described as being so strict with almost a formidable way about her, but how she surprises us all when Harry breaks the rule about flying and instead of expelling him … she brings him to Oliver Wood and says she has found their new Seeker! I thought that was such a great way to show there was a kind heart under that strict appearance. She isn’t all rules all the time!
4. Who is your favorite character in Harry Potter? Such a hard question to answer when I have come to love them all so much! It’s so close between Harry and Ron. I love Harry because he is such an extraordinary person, yet he is so unassuming of his greatness. His modesty is such a wonderful attribute. I admire his bravery and his quick, calm, collected nature and his strength. With Ron, I love how he would do anything for his friends, and how he has a bravery that sometimes is overshadowed by Harry’s greatness but still stands out. He has a fun, easy-going nature about him and I adore his sense of humor and how he stands by Harry’s side no matter what the situation.
5. Who is your least favorite character in Harry Potter? I cannot stand Draco Malfoy. His insults towards Ron and his family for not having very much money make me ready to have steam coming out of my ears! Not to mention his constant put-downs of Hermione for being a “mud-blood” and his insane jealousy of Harry that leads him to insults and getting him into trouble every chance that he gets. His arrogant nature bothers me to no end and I can’t stand the fact that he is just the beneficiary of a rich father who can buy his way into things.
6. What do you feel is your best quality? I would say my sense of humor. I love to make people smile and laugh. It makes me feel good to know that I can make others feel good as well. I like knowing that I can brighten someone's day with a bit of laughter or that I can cheer a person up and make them happy, even if it is only for a few minutes.
7. What trait most annoys you about other people? I cannot stand arrogance. There is never a need for a person to act as though they are superior to someone else. We all have our strong points and our weak points --- No one is perfect. If someone is under the assumption that somehow they are the once person who is just perfection in every single way, they are sadly mistaken. I hate to see someone think so highly of themselves that they put others down.
8. What trait in others do you admire the most?? Loyalty. It is so rare in this life to find someone who will stand by you no matter what the situation. When you find a friend like that you need to hold on to them tight, because it is a highly valued trait that few truly possess.
9. What would you see in the Mirror of Erised? I would see myself looking happy, accomplished, and proud. I would also see my parents there with me looking proud as well because it has always been my goal to do my very best and succeed at all that I do to make them as proud of me as possible. Maybe it is due to being and only child and a complete perfectionist, but I just want my parents to always be happy with the choices I make, the life that I lead, and for them to feel that the raised a good person who gives it her all in everything that she does and comes out on top.
10. If you were an animagus, what would you turn into?(Assuming that the animal reflects the person, it is not chosen) I can see myself as a cat. I am very curious by nature and this can sometimes get me into trouble. Some people perceive my quiet, collected, assured nature to be “aloof” and a bit arrogant, though that is not the case at all. The confidence that I have in my abilities should not be confused with arrogance. I am also stubborn like a cat and I do things on my own time, when I want and how I want. You may call me and want me to do something immediately, but if I don’t particularly feel like it, I may just ignore it. I am also quick and agile and I make people work to earn my affection and trust. If I feel I am threatened, the claws are quick to come out. And I admit, I do have the laziness factor as well sometimes, where I could just stretch out and sleep for hours.
11. What makes a person respectable? A good heart --- plain and simple. If someone does not have a heart filled with love and good intentions, then I have zero respect for them. You can be intelligent, successful, and charming as can be, but if your heart is not in the right place, then all that means nothing to me.
12. What is your take on religion? I am not a religious person. At this point in my young life, I am still quite uncertain as to what I believe. I respect other's religions (as long as it is not pushed upon me constantly) and admire people that can have such strong-willed, undying faith. I wish that I could believe in something that strongly. I hope that one day I will stumble upon something that makes me believe in something magnificent.
13. What are your views on the Dark Lord? I feel he is evil, power hungry, vengeful, hateful, and consumed with vile greed. He has amazing powers that, maybe, if he had been brought up under different circumstances, could have made him a well-respected and powerful wizard. He uses his amazing gifts for all the wrong things though. Instead of good, he uses his powers for evil purposes, which is sad because he could do so much good with all the power that he possesses.
14. Would you have put your name in the Goblet of Fire? I don’t think so. I tend to be shy in situations that involve performing in front of my peers, especially when the situation is as uncertain and dangerous as the tasks are in the tournament. That much attention, limelight and pressure just are not my cup of tea!
15. Please state the single most important house characteristic (in your mind). It is hard to chose one singular characteristic when each House has so wonderful and respectable attributes. I suppose, thinking of day-to-day life, that kindness is the most important. A good heart and treating people with kindness goes a long way. I truly believe in treating others as you would want to be treated.
16. What do you look for in a friend? Mutual respect. I cannot be friends with someone I do not have respect for and who does not have respect for me. A good heart and a good sense of humor is also a must. I like someone who makes me laugh and who I know will always be there for me, through thick and thin, just as I will be for them.
17. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? Even though I am a perfectionist and always did well in my studies, I can be a horrible procrastinator. I can tend to leave things until the last minute, putting it off until it absolutely has to be done, and then I have to force myself to scurry and do it.
18. What are your hobbies? I love to read and write. I spend a lot of my spare time scouring the library for a good book to read. I keep many journals that I fill with my thoughts and poetry daily – I always have at least one of my journals in my purse or bag so that I can write in it at anytime. I also write short stories and I am working on a novel at the moment. I am hoping to be a published writer. I love sports and being outdoors, so I often play basketball, camp, and hike. I am a big nature and animal lover. Music rules a lot of my life .... I am rarely seen without my CD player and I love going to concerts.
19. If your friend was attacked in the magical world, what would you do? Anything that I could do to save them! My friends are precious to me and I hold them close to my heart. I would do whatever I had to do to save them, whether it be with magic, a charm, a potion, or physically fighting someone. There is nothing I would not do to help them.
20. What is the one thing you would most like to accomplish? The one thing in life that I wanted to accomplish I actually have accomplished … and that was to love another completely and have them ,in return, love me with every ounce of their being and that came true for me the day that I got engaged. Love is what makes life worthwhile to me. I have always said to myself that if all I ever do in life is find my soul mate, then I know I can be happy.
21. Who is your role model and why? Definitely my mother. I admire her loving and nurturing nature. She is so incredibly strong and the most sensitive, understanding person that I have ever met. She is always there for me, no matter what, whenever I need her. She sees the best in everyone, which is something that I wish I could learn to do more. In short, she is an amazing woman with a mind full of creativity, a heart full of love, and a soul full of beauty.
22. What do you want to do for a living in the magical world? Why? There are a couple of things that I think I would like to do. One would be to be the Professor or maybe even an assistant to the professor in the Care for Magical Creatures class at Hogwarts. Being the animal lover that I am I have always been interested in going to school to be a vet except for the fact that I do not think I could stand to do something such as put an animal to sleep. Being the Professor or assistant in this class would give me the chance to work with animals that I love and teach others about them as well. I also think that being an Auror would be an interesting job. I would love to rid the world of evil and the dark arts.
23. Would you ever use an Unforgivable Curse for any reason? Why or why not? Only if my life were in mortal danger or if someone that I loved was in mortal danger. Still, I would be very hesitant to use Avada Kedavra. Even if my own life were being threatened I do not know if I would have it in me to kill another human being with that curse.
24. Where did you find out about us? Please leave a specific username. I’m sorry, I just did a search for Harry Potter communities … I wish that I could give a specific name so that a House could receive points, but I just stumbled upon it through the search.