July 6th, 2004
Right...so sort me already.
Sorry I didn't link it. I didn't know how :-(
1. Name: Jelena
2. Age: 17
Remember to explain WHY on all of these!
3. Who is your favorite Hogwarts teacher? This is a really difficult question. I really love all the teachers that you are formally introduced to. Lupin is amazing. He really is. He loves what he is doing, and the kids love the way he teaches. He is engaging. The kids seemed to learn something new every time they leave his class. He is very kind, and understanding. Those are important qualities in an educator.
4. Who is your favorite character in Harry Potter? It’s impossible to say. There are so many characters…each of them are so important to the others. I do like Sirius Black and Lupin a lot. They are both loyal and determined people. Their friends were the most important aspect of their lives. They were also very brave. They are very charming as well ;-) Of course The Weasly twins are great. They lighten the whole book up with their constant joking. When it is most gloomy, they pop up to shake things up, and keep it interesting.
5. Who is your least favorite character in Harry Potter? I guess Crabbe and Goyle. I only say that because you aren’t really allowed to know them. They are just Malfoy’s henchmen. They’re mean, ugly, stupid, and brutish. Not my kind of people really.
6. What do you feel is your best quality? I’m hardworking. I like to get things done. Properly, the first time. I don’t mess around. I’m also really light hearted and funny.
7. What trait most annoys you about other people? Lack of intelligence. People that just act stupid because it’s the cool thing to do. Ignorance drives me insane. I can’t hold a conversation with someone that doesn’t have a clue what they’re talking about, or don’t care to know.
8. What would you see in the Mirror of Erised(be direct)? I would see myself in the future, with someone I really loved by my side. I would be a teacher that had altered the lives of students.
9. If you were an animagus, what would you turn into?(Assuming that the animal reflects the person, it is not chosen) I would be a cat. They are sneaky and I see them as intelligent creatures. They’re very respectable and snobby.
10. What makes a person respectable? Someone very smart, witty, funny, and hardworking. Someone that doesn’t care what other people thinks. They are brave and stand up for what is right, and will go to the end of the earth to save those most dear to them.
11. What is your take on religion? I’m Baptist. I believe in God, and I believe that Jesus is the son of God. I think that sometimes, things that the Bible says are prejudice. I’m not fundamentalist, but I do believe they are there, and that they are coming back. Don’t worry. I’m not going to cram my views down your throats. That is peoples first reaction when the find out I’m Baptist
12. What are your views on the Dark Lord? He is a seriously messed up person. Why is he so hateful? I don’t understand that aspect of him. What is his problem? I think he needs to be taken down, but not until they figure out what he has done and why
13. Would you have put your name in the Goblet of Fire? I’m thinking maybe. I wouldn’t really want to be doing tasks of bravery in front of the whole school, but it would be a great adventure. It would be sincerely exciting.
14. Which house characteristics are most important to you? Intelligence, bravery, and wit. They are necessary for survival I think. You can’t live without being brave at least sometimes. You need to be smart to make it too. And being witty is just a plus.
15. What do you look for in a friend? Someone trustworthy, funny, and smart. A friend really needs to be able to make me laugh, or it gets boring. Being smart about things that are going on in the world, on the street, and in the math book, are all equally important to me.
16. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I would have a less addictive personality. I get addicted to people, places, ideas, movies, books…almost everything.
17. What are your hobbies? Shopping, reading, sleeping, going to the movies, spending time with my friends and cousins. I read almost everything I can get my hands on, and I’m a complete movie geek. I know loads of random trivia.
18. If your friend was attacked (by a person, animal, or (in the magic world) beast), what would you do? I would react on impulse. I can’t say what I would do, because I’m not currently in that situation. I would most likely attack back, even if it were obvious it would be to no avail. It’s just instinct to hurt something back that was hurting you, or someone close to you.
19. What is the one thing you would most like to accomplish? I want to change someone’s life. I’ve had many great teachers that have definitely changed me for the better. I want to do the same for someone else.
20. Who is your role model? My grandmother. She is a teacher. She has been through so much. She has had many trials, and she’s made it through them. She is really smart, and she can deal with anything. She is amazing. She loves everyone at her church and in her family unconditionally, and she would do anything for any of us.
21. What do you want to do for a living? I want to be a teacher. I think the reasons have been thoroughly explained.
22. Would you ever use an Unforgivable Curse for any reason? If someone was horribly messing with someone I loved, I think I would. Again, it’s instinctual. If someone was going to murder me or my family, then I might.
23. Where did you find out about us? My friend _wintersunshine
2. Age: 16
3. Who is your favorite Hogwarts teacher? I think Hagrid as the Care of Magical Creatures teacher is my favorite. He's really passionate with what he teaches, and that's important. He also cares a lot about the students and their understanding of the material. He's also unconventional in his methods, which is something to be admired.
4. Who is your favorite character in Harry Potter? Hermione is my favorite character. She doesn't try to fit in or alter herself to be better liked or anything like that. She's very smart, clever, responsible, and a great friend. Even though Draco is a constant jerk-off to her, she still maintains her composure.
5. Who is your least favorite character in Harry Potter? I think the role of least favorite character is a tie for me. I don't like Crabbe or Goyle much at all. I really can't stand people who can't think for themselves and have the mentality of a sheep (by their tendency to flock to a decided shepard: Draco)
6. What do you feel is your best quality? I really feel awkward answering questions where I have to decide what my "best" quality is. I feel like it's almost bragging in a way. Oh well. I guess my "best" quality is my ability to simpathize with people. I can almost always place myself in their situation and find out how I would react, and then I see if there's anything to say or do to help them out.
7. What trait most annoys you about other people? Arrogance. I can't stand it when people cannot accept that they, along with the rest of the world, are imperfect creatures. It just makes everything so much harder when people can't accept that they make mistakes, because then it's nearly impossible to correct them.
8. What would you see in the Mirror of Erised(be direct)? I honestly don't know what I'd see. There are things in life that I dream of having or becoming, but most of those things are not based on actual goals. Most of what I want in life comes out of my over-focusing on my faults and wanting to fix them. So I don't think that there'd be much that the mirror could show me, really.
9. If you were an animagus, what would you turn into?(Assuming that the animal reflects the person, it is not chosen) I think that maybe I'd be some kind of bird. Probably a smaller one with colors that don't stand out much. I like to blend into a place where I can observe others without them observing me.
10. What makes a person respectable? I think that what makes a person respectable is their overall outlook on life. If a person is always pesimistic and constantly puts others down because of a subconscious feeling of inadequacy, then I wouldn't consider them to be respectable. But if someone were to have a positive view on life and helped others have a positive view as well, then I'd think them to be very respectable.
11. What is your take on religion? I think religion is something that most people take too seriously. It's too structured for its own good. It makes us try to fit ourselves into categories such as following only Christianity, Catholocism, Buddhism, Judaism, etc. I think that we should focus less on the title of the religion, and more on the general message of it.
12. What are your views on the Dark Lord? I think the same of him as I do of other prominent bad guys. He's very powerful, but simply chose to put his powers towards evil rather than to good. But then again, bad and good is all subjective. What we consider to be good may be bad to others. He should be both revered and feared regardless of how he chose to use his power.
13. Would you have put your name in the Goblet of Fire? I would. I'm up for a challenge, and like to see how I fare against other people. I'm pretty competitive, but I'd be very nervous about how I'd do.
14. Which house characteristics are most important to you? All of the houses have charactistics that are important to me. Bravery from Gryffindor, loyalty from Hufflepuff, cleverness from Ravenclaw, and the ambition from Slytherin are all things that I hope I posess.
15. What do you look for in a friend? I like my friends to be many things. I want my friends to be open-minded, trustworthy, honest, non-judgemental, and sincere. I need to be able to depend on them, because without friends around me, I don't have all that much. I'd do anything to help them, and I'd hope they'd do anything to help me.
16. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I think that I'd change my low self-esteem. I have a hard time taking compliments, but an easy time taking insults. "The bad stuff is easier to believe" and I tend to focus on the negative most times over the positive.
17. What are your hobbies? I like to read, listen to music, play music, watch TV and movies, and I love spending time with my friends. I also love being alone, though. There's nothing like solitude to clear your mind and get things in order.
18. If your friend was attacked (by a person, animal, or (in the magic world) beast), what would you do? I'd do anything and everything to help. I'd try to get my friend out of there, even if it meant putting myself in jeopardy. Depending on who it was- because there are friends that would not do it for me- I'd even give my life to save theirs.
19. What is the one thing you would most like to accomplish? Right now, the thing I'd most like to accomplish is to gain some level of self-acceptance. It's not too fun to go through life not being satisfied with who you are, and all I want right now is to get to a point where I can say that I'm content.
20. Who is your role model? I don't think that I have a single role model. If I had to pick one person, though, I think It'd be a fictional character. Interestingly enough, I think it might eb Hermoine Granger. Fits right in with the HP community.
21. What do you want to do for a living? I want to be a psychologist. I love how the human mind works, and would really like to work with other people. I'm still finding things out about myself that I never thought I'd discover, and if I'm this interested in why I think the things I do, it'd be totally amazing to research the thoughts and behaviors of others.
22. Would you ever use an Unforgivable Curse for any reason? I'd like to say that I wouldn't, but I don't really know. If I was in a situation where I thought that it would be in the best interests of myself of someone I cared about, I might use it. I'd probably regret it later, though.
23. Where did you find out about us? A friend of mine is really into HP and demanded that we look at it.
I just wanna get a head start on sucking up. P.s. Who do we suck up to around here?
::Insert evil laugh here:: Oh, and this time try to make it a woman's laugh. Last time just got too confusing..