1. Name: Kayla
2. Age: 15
3. Who is your favorite Hogwarts teacher? Definitely McGonagall. She's got that "no bullshit" attitude and doesn't take crap from anyone -- especially in OotP. Her interactions with Umbridge were priceless and had me laughing outright every time. She's smart, and gifted, and independant, and just sounds like an amazing teacher. I'd love to have her.
4. Who is your favorite character in Harry Potter? Hmm...I've got loads -- McGonagall, Ginny, Dumbledore, Neville, Sirius, and Remus. If I were to choose just ONE...Ginny. Her transformation from the shy, blushing, hero-worshipping girl to the strong, athletic, outspoken one has done wonders for her character. It makes her seem more real and I think it allows more people to truly understand where she's coming from (can you imagine the rejection and self-doubt she must have felt after she realized Harry didn't like her the same way? Ouch -- but she got over it. That's just really...inspiring, I guess you could say). I just love that JKR has given Ginny the edge that nobody saw coming.
5. Who is your least favorite character in Harry Potter? Oh, wow. I never really thought about this. I remember always disliking Percy, but I don't really know if he's my least favorite...I REALLY don't like Fudge...The one that really got me worked up was Aunt Marge though, actually. I remember reading the first two books thinking "Man, you can't get worse than Aunt Petunia and Uncle Vernon" and then BOOM! Aunt Marge bursts onto the scene in PoA and made me want to hurl. How you can say such bad things about a person and their family? Argh! She just made me so mad! You go, Harry, for blowing her up.
6. What do you feel is your best quality? Oh jeez...I guess the fact that I can laugh at myself is my best quality. Everyone nowadays is so uptight and takes every little thing that's said personally and the wrong way. If you can just take things at face value and move on with your life, then you'll be a much happier and better person for it.
7. What trait most annoys you about other people? I'm sorry, but I can't STAND shallow, materialistic people. I'm a lower middle-class kid who's going to a school for the rich and all I see are superficial girls (it's all-girl's) with their designer clothes and camera phones that FLAUNT it. I'm looked down on for not having the same things as them, which just drives me crazy.
8. What trait in others do you admire the most?? I can't help but admire people that are just SO NICE they can't make any enemies. I remember, back in the day, that I really couldn't stand my (now) best friend. I remember trying so hard not to like her but I couldn't because she was just too nice. There was nothing to hate, and when I came to terms with it I realized that we had a lot in common. People like that, I admire. It seems like such a difficult thing, but I know a couple people like that and they don't even KNOW that they have that effect on others. I could never be like that though. I always SEEM to be like that when you first meet me, but then that image is ruined as soon as I open my mouth.
9. What would you see in the Mirror of Erised? World peace. Haha no...that would be nice, but it's far too unrealistic. Umm...Probably perfect health. Sounds stupid, maybe, but it's not to me. I've got a rheumatological disease that I've had to give a lot up for in order to prevent flare-ups...I've had to leave two club soccer teams, I gave up a scholarship academic exchange trip to Australia, my freshman year school tradition, my birthday, Thanksgiving, and not to mention about two and a half months of missed school combined this year. If everything inside my body just functioned normally, then I'd be a much happier person who's able to do everything she wants. I'm very ambitious and being physically held back from achieving what I want is very discouraging.
10. If you were an animagus, what would you turn into?(Assuming that the animal reflects the person, it is not chosen) Not to be cliche (and I know JKR already made someone this), but totally a dog -- a lab, most probably. I say this because I am fiercely loyal and a good confidante, and I also amuse people with my silly little antics. I'm your pal when your sick or unhappy, and I'll drop everything to cheer you up. And, if I'm anything like my lab (which I am, trust me), I'm loud and affectionate. Oh. And I love the smell of shampoo, and will roll around in your hair after you've washed it. I'd do that too.
11. What makes a person respectable? Not saying that you'd roll around in their hair haha. Ah...a person who is respectable is not that girl who sits in the back of class gossiping about the teacher's clothes, and they aren't that self-proclaimed advocate in your class who preaches and tries to conform everyone to their way of thinking. A respectable person is open-minded, and instead of preaching and complaining about things actually takes initiative and DOES SOMETHING about issues that affect them and others.
12. What is your take on religion? I, personally, don't have a religion. I've borderline agnostic/athiest. I don't believe in God, but I'm not going to rule out the possibility that there may be a God. Religion, I think, fills a void for people -- either it's used as a crutch in hard times, or it explains the unexplainable (like it did in ancient times). If people have a certain faith and it helps them when they need it, well, power to them. Who am I to say it's wrong or untrue? As long as they're not like, totally obnoxious about it, I'm OK with it. As a side note, though, I firmly believe in the separation of church and state. Because God is still a "concept", I guess you could call it, He shouldn't be taught with the sciences. Don't let your religion stop you from learning.
13. What are your views on the Dark Lord? The similarities between he and Hitler seem too numerous to be coincidental. Think about it: A power-hungry "halfblood" who wants to wipe out an entire race and populate the world with only those he deems worthy? Spreading lies and propaganda so your idea seems right? Appealing to certain groups of people (or, in Voldie's case, magical creatures) by bribery? But maybe that's all villains? I'm not sure...I don't like the Dark Lord, and I'm gunning for Harry to beat him and be all full of "Yeah, my mother WAS Muggle-born!" pride.
14. Would you have put your name in the Goblet of Fire? If I was a seventh year who was FULLY confident in my abilities, then YES. But even if I were a TINY bit hesitant, I wouldn't enter. It's not the kind of competition that leaves any room for self-doubt, because it always starts small but then consumes you by the time you need confidence the most.
15. Please state the single most important house characteristic (in your mind). Loyalty, but not the "WOO HOO! GO [HOUSE NAME HERE]! YOU OTHER HOUSES SUCK! WOOP WOOP! WE'RE THE BEST! YEE HAW!" kind of loyalty. The silent kind, maybe you could call it? I'm not quite sure how to describe it. Modest loyalty, perhaps.
16. What do you look for in a friend? I look for a friend with whom I can have intelligent, easy-flowing conversations and trust to stay by my side through all things. They also have to want to get somewhere and make something of themselves.
17. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I can be too quick to jump the gun and run off my mouth sometimes. I'm very opinionated and very sarcastic, so I'll be quick to defend either myself, my friends, or whichever side of an argument I believe in. Sometimes -- most of the time -- though, I'll say something without thinking and I can sometimes offend people without realizing it.
19. If your friend was attacked in the magical world, what would you do? I guess it depends on the severity of the attack. If it was like, verbal taunting I'd totally jump to their aid and defend them. But like, attacked with dark magic? I'd still help and try to defend them, but I don't know how I'd be able to do that. I'm not sure I can say I'd hunt down the person who did it because that seems really extreme, but I'd definitely stay by my friend's side and help them recover.
20. What is the one thing you would most like to accomplish? There's lots that I want to accomplish, and I'm not going to limit myself now by listing them. Something else always pops up :)
21. Who is your role model and why? Michelle Akers. We both suffer from similar diseases and we both play soccer. She was a starter for the '96 US Women's National Team that won the gold medal, and the fact that she never gave up -- despite her illness -- because she didn't want to let down the team was very admirable. She accepted her medal on a stretcher. It makes me realize that if SHE can deal and not let anything stop her from achieving her goal, then I can deal. Her story puts things into perspective for me, I guess.
22. What do you want to do for a living in the magical world? Why? Something to do with transfiguration. Reading about it in the books makes me wish it were a real class that you could take. What ISN'T interesting in morphing something? Morphing yourself? It's just something that I find unbelievably cool, and when I'm really interested in something I thrive at it...so why not play my strengths and enjoy it as well?
23. Would you ever use an Unforgivable Curse for any reason? Why or why not? Never. It doesn't matter what the circumstances are. There are always ways to counter evil with good and win. Just get a smart group together that can develop something stronger than Cruciatus, Imperius, and Avada Kedavra. With an open, diverse group it's possible.
24. Where did you find out about us? Please leave a specific username. I just typed in "sorting" under interests.