1. Name: Ilujna
2. Age: 20
3. Who is your favorite Hogwarts teacher? Snape. I adore the way he teaches. He demands that his students do the best, be the best. He refuses to accept failure and he has no qualms about telling you exactly what he thinks about you. Granted, he can be cruel, but there's a certain kindness dwelling deep deep within him. Beyond his teaching method, I like his general personality. He does what needs to be done and he doesn't whine about it. He's self-sufficient and he demands that you respect him. You can hate him, but you will respect him.
4. Who is your favorite character in Harry Potter? I adore Luna. The way she was introduced was remarkable. From that day, I felt a closeness with her, mainly because I could imagine myself reading on the train while I kind of talked to others. I wouldn't have flipped the magazine upside down though, I know how to read when upside down and in mirror reflections. She's a bit spacey and kind of random, which is how nice people would describe me. (The not as completely nice sort would use words like "creepy" and "freak".)
5. Who is your least favorite character in Harry Potter?I'm not fond of Lucius Malfoy. He's mean, he's arrogant, he feels he's completely right in attempting to destroy other people's lives... If he just destroyed lives to destroy them and knew it was wrong, that would be one thing, but he honestly believes he's right and justifies his actions by assuming these people are somehow inferior to him. Hmph.
6. What do you feel is your best quality? I would say my curiosity. I was born to be a scientist and at times, me asking "Why?" has led to some injuries, but there's a rush that one gets when a difficult question is understood or an obstacle is overcome. It makes whatever accidental pain completely worth it.
7. What trait most annoys you about other people? I can't think of a single trait that would condemn a person for me. Most people do have redeeming traits that would cause me to forget whatever it was that annoyed me at the time. I suppose the closest thing to a general annoying trait would be clinging. If someone is a friend or family member, I wouldn't mind, but it really irks me when near strangers are suddenly acting like they're new best friend, what with the talk of how we should spend more time together. It's disturbing, funny and incredibly annoying.
8. What trait in others do you admire the most?? This would be the exact same answer as number seven. There isn't a single trait. I'm attracted to people that have an aura of intelligence, but I don't really admire them for that.
9. What would you see in the Mirror of Erised? Me! With a 4.0 G.P.A. married to my boyfriend, because he's great. ^_^ He has nearly flawless grammar, spelling, and punctuation. Oh, and he's got an amazing personality too... but to be honest, it was his vocabulary that first attracted me to him.
10. If you were an animagus, what would you turn into?(Assuming that the animal reflects the person, it is not chosen) I would be something black. Physically black. Like a black wolf or panther. Black wolves are generally ostracized and I often feel as though I'm on the outside looking in. There's a certain nothing to lose desperation when you're emotionally on the outside. I'd be a deadly black wolf, yes I would.
11. What makes a person respectable? Willingness to be theirself. I abhor people who want to be this person, that person or some other person. What's wrong with being yourself?
12. What is your take on religion? I can't wait to die! Then I can find out which religion actually gets into heaven or has a successful afterlife. Religions, in general fascinate me. I am easily angered by people peddling their religion. If I wanted to join a religion, it wouldn't be one that sends people banging on my door when I'm dancing naked in my room.
13. What are your views on the Dark Lord? He's uh... Yeah. I feel bad for Tom Riddle and desperately want to go back in time and befriend him. Partially because when he does turn towards the dark side, I could be his wingman. Or girl. Wingwoman. He's going places, I wouldn't mind being the person who he looks to for information.
In much the same way that I admire him for going after what he wants, I have complete disdain for the way he treats people. It's one thing to murder people, let's face, when you're trying to takeover a place, some people just have to die. It's another completely different thing to humiliate people because they're different. And his deatheaters... God, they need a good beating with their own wand until they realize they're not better than anyone.
14. Would you have put your name in the Goblet of Fire? Yes. I know I wouldn't be chosen so I could pretend to have the courage to go up there and put my name in. Until the names are called, I could gather sympathy and hopefully gifts from my house members for putting my name in. Then, you know, the names would be chosen and I can get all "sad and depressed" that I wasn't one of the names. ^_^ Sounds like a good way to get what you want, you know?
15. Please state the single most important house characteristic (in your mind). Loyalty to friends. If you finally find someone that's willing to put up with all your quirks and B.S., you better treat that person right. Friends are a rare gift in a horrible place, if you have them, you stand up for them, even if you know they're wrong.
16. What do you look for in a friend?Intelligence, cynicism, wit, a touch of sadism, loyalty, strength of character, respect for animals, a sense of humor (twisted thoughts welcome), someone I can trust, a little bit of bitterness towards the world, you know, all the things you'd look for in a good companion.
17. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I would be smarter. You can never have too much available intellect.
18. What are your hobbies? Reading, Writing, surfing the internet, commenting on lj ten bigillion times a day, I recently bought a bass guitar and have found great joy in practicing it.
19. If your friend was attacked in the magical world, what would you do? Laugh? No, I'd whip out my wand and petrify whatever attacked them, then after checking to ensure they're ok, I would cast an imperio charm on what I'm assuming is a human attacker and force them to be our slave until they started to resist the charm. Then I would threaten their family or something they held dear so that they won't try to come after me or my friend again. ^_^ I'm loyal.
20. What is the one thing you would most like to accomplish? Gods, I don't know. I think I would like to start a cult and make people worship me while they give me their material possessions... because that would be cool. Lacking that, I would like to find myself worthy of people who seem to believe I'm a good friend to them. They're all so amazing and I'm... not.
21. Who is your role model and why? I don't have one. It's rare for me to find that's even worthy of respect in this world. As soon as I see something I can respect about a person, another part of my mind kicks in and starts pointing out the million and one traits that the person has that disgusts me. I'm conditioned to have slight disdain for humanity in general, finding a role model is a near impossibility for me.
22. What do you want to do for a living in the magical world? Why? I would love to be a researcher in the Department of Mysteries, assuming they have a position like that. I aspire to be a scientist and I really find solace and comfort in tasks that most people consider boring and tedious. I believe I would make an amazing researcher.
23. Would you ever use an Unforgivable Curse for any reason? Why or why not? I would. I don't know what would push me into using it, but I know I have the strength in me to do it. I suppose, if I were pushed to the edge of reason and saw it as the only way out, I could cast it. I doubt I would even wait until it was a last resort, just cast it when I knew I would be able to get away with casting it.
24. Where did you find out about us? Please leave a specific username. LJ search under "sorting"